Marketing yourself like a pro isn't as hard as it seems! Check out our below tips and managing your platforms won't feel like such a chore. Creating the right content allows you to connect with your followers and foster relationships.
1. Where do you belong?
You don’t need to be on every social media platform – make sure you’re on a platform that showcases your art to its best advantage and that you’re comfortable maneuvering on this platform
2. Tag Everything and everyone
People are more likely to see your content if you tag other businesses with a larger follower base (make sure they’re relevant to the post!)
Hashtag your post as well with relevant subjects, phrases, words, etc.
3. Post pictures! and videos that autoplay!
People are more likely to look at and engage with a post if there’s something eye-catching about it
Clean high quality images make the biggest impact
4. Shorten your links – especially on Twitter! Sites like Bitly and Ow.ly can do this for you
5. Consistency matters
You need to post regularly to keep people interested in your workand in you
6. You’re not trying to make a sale. Post your thoughts, new ideas, sneak peeks from new work, new releases, exciting moments – but don’t try to make people buy that new DVD.
7. Get into the #tbt and #fbf craze – they’re great for bringing things back from the archives
8. Always include a call-to-action
Ask followers to ‘like’ and ‘share’, but also to share their own thoughts with you – and then be sure to react to some of the stories
9. Be social
Reply to comments on your posts, comment on other people’s posts, like other posts
10. Don’t rely entirely on self-generated content – don’t be afraid to share posts from other pages or to retweet
Sharing and retweeting allows followers to see that you’re engaged, active, and not self-absorbed
Download Top Tips for Directors on Social Media as a PDF here